Tool brings evidence, accuracy and transparency to placement negotiations
• Care commissioners have a duty under the Care Act to secure the right placement for an individual's needs
• It can be difficult to specify a package of care and compare the different options available
• The price agreed needs to be evidenced to avoid future challenges
• The Care Funding Calculator (CFC) calculates the fair price for a bespoke package of care at any address in the country
• The CFC uses a robust model and regularly updated data to generate a guide price
• Case data is kept in the tool as a record which can returned to if care needs or legislation change
Why iESE ?
• iESE's tool is unique and purpose- built with the support of councils and care providers
• iESE can support the implementation of CFC
• iESE continues to invest in CFC by regularly updating data and developing functionality
• The CFC saves on placement costs without squeezing suppliers’ margins
• The CFC helps care commissioners and providers fairly negotiate a care placement
• The CFC can be used as a wider case management system, for example where a council is reviewing its commissioning approach or remodelling its care offering.
"CFC brings much-needed clarity to inform our negotiations with providers so we can ensure the placement is a good match to the individual’s needs, as well as delivering value for money.” - Rowena Shepherd, Care Purchasing Team Leader – Working Age Adults, Buckinghamshire County Council.
"CFC is a tool for providers as much as for commissioners – transparency works both ways.” - Lynsey Robertson, Optima Care Shine, Director of Development