Case Study: Two councils merge their back-end services collectively saving £5m a year
• Merging the back-end services of two councils to save money and provide better service
• Changing the staffing structure and designing a new recruitment process to aid its success
• The creation of a behavioural framework aligned to the new target operating model, allowing the councils to recruit for behaviours rather than necessarily experience
• Newly-designed organisation model showing the new staffing structure and what the savings would be
• Placing a specialist iESE consultant on each interview panel and making an iESE advisor the interim manager of support services while all staff were interviewed
Why iESE ?
• iESE understands local government
• iESE can keep the cost down by sharing knowledge and best practice amongst councils
• iESE's builds capability rather than dependence
• iESE provides an impartial view and can offer post-project support
• Annual savings of more than £5m across the two authorities
• Successfully changing the culture of the organisation.
"iESE really understands local government. Other advisors could help us restructure, but it takes a different kind of organisation to help change a culture. iESE provided us with an impartial view which was important to us when carrying out our staff assessments and implementing the transformation programme." - Sophie Hosking, Executive Director, Service Delivery and Commercial Development